4. System requirements specification
This document sets out the detail required of the new system. It includes
- Data capture methods for the system
- Data inputs to the system
- Data outputs from the system
- Data processing within the system
- The file structure for data storage
- The user interface i.e. screen layouts, buttons, error messages
- How information is accessed and indexed or sorted.
- The operating system to be used
- The hardware to be used to run the new system
This is quite an extensive list of things to be done, but a good system requirements document will hopefully guide developers to a successful conclusion.
An ambiguous or poorly written system requirements document will cause confusion, mistakes and most likely time and cost over-runs.
So it is worth the effort that goes into this task
Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: System Requirements tools
Copyright © www.teach-ict.com