Access to and use of this site ('teach-ict.com') is provided by Teach-ICT subject to the following terms:
By using teach-ict.com you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of teach-ict.com. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use teach-ict.com.
Teach-ICT may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Teach-ICT. Your continued use of teach-ict.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of teach-ict.com
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use teach-ict.com content unless such content is specifically provided for you to download from the web site. For example documents and worksheets such .doc, .ppt files may be downloaded and altered for your own requirements but the copyright notices must not be removed from such documents. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from teach-ict.com content, (for example re-publishing site content on a school intranet or Virtual Learning Environment), unless you have written permission from Teach-ICT. Any other use of teach-ict.com content requires the prior written permission of Teach-ICT.
You agree to use teach-ict.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of teach-ict.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within teach-ict.com.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Teach-ict.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Teach-ICT, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Under no circumstances will Teach-ICT be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of teach-ict.com regardless of the form of action.
Teach-ICT does not warrant that functions contained in teach-ict.com content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that teach-ict.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Teach-ICT does not represent any examination board, our content is provided without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. We may provide links to other web sites or resources. We are unable to accept responsibility for these web sites or resources, neither can we be deemed to have endorsed their content, products or services merely because they are accessible via Teach-ICT. Teach-ICT makes no representations or warranties about the information included on this website (including links to third parties' web sites). Any decisions based on the information contained on this website are your sole responsibility. Information provided by Teach-ICT does not constitute legal or professional advice and should not be relied upon without taking independent advice. Teach-ICT does not provide any warranty as to the timeliness, accuracy or completeness of the information contained within the website.
The names, images and logos identifying Teach-ICT or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Teach-ICT and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Teach-ICT, or any other third party.
Contributions to teach-ict.com
Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to teach-ict.com, you:
warrant that your contribution:
is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Teach-ICT for all the purposes specified above;
is not defamatory; and
does not infringe any law; and
indemnify Teach-ICT against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Teach-ICT as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on teach-ict.com and the purposes specified above.
Teach-ICT.com Community Rules
You agree to use teach-ict.com Communities (including Polls, Competition and Quiz-maker) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all teach-ict.com community areas and services.
About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant teach-ict.com Community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising.
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless specifically allowed by the community moderator. If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please inform the community moderator.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform us using the 'Contact Us' link, and we will promote it if we see fit.
About the law:
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in teach-ict.com Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in teach-ict.com Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Teach-ICT
If you're under 16:
- Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any teach-ict.com discussion.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules when taking part in a teach-ict.com Community service, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of teach-ict.com Community areas.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to teach-ict.com Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on teach-ict.com, and Teach-ICT considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, Teach-ICT may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
Teach-ICT reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on teach-ict.com then the latter shall prevail.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.