8. Employer obligations
The law states that an employer must (if relevant):
- provide tiltable screens
- provide anti-glare screen filters
- provide adjustable chairs
- provide foot supports
- make sure lighting is suitable
- make sure there is sufficient space for people to work
- train employees how to use work stations correctly
- ensure employees have sufficient breaks
- pay for regular eye sight tests for anyone who needs prescription glasses in order to use the computer.
NOTE: These regulations only apply to offices and not to students in schools.
Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: Workplace Safety