2. Eye Strain
Eyes can become strained after staring at a computer screen for a long time, particularly if working in bad light, in glare or with a flickering screen.
Fortunately, eyestrain is usually a temporary problem.
- Burning or itching eyes
- Blurring or double vision
- Use monitors which don't flicker
- Have blinds at the windows so that the sun doesn't shine directly on the screen
- Use suitable lights that disperse light evenly and don't shine on the screen
- Use a screen filter
- Keep your eyes at least 18 inches from the screen
- Regularly look away from the screen and focus on something in the distance
- Take regular breaks - at least 5 minutes break every hour
- Have regular eye tests and wear glasses if prescribed
Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: Eye Strain and Computers