7. Safety issues
The workplace can be a dangerous place.
Some precautions which can be taken to reduce the risk of accidents are:
- Ensure there are no trailing wires across or around the room which people could trip on
- Electrical sockets should not be overloaded
- Electrical equipment should be safety tested at least once a year
- There should be adequate space around desks for people to move
- Bags and obstacles should be stored out of the way so that people can't trip over them
- Food and drink should not be placed near a machine
- Heating and ventilation should be suitable for the working environment
- Work desks should be strong enough to support computers and equipment
- Staff should follow the safety regulations
- Fire extinguishers should be available, including specialist ones to deal with electrical fires.
- Fire exits should be clearly marked and free from clutter
Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: Computer Health and Safety