15. Summary of web design
The World Wide Web is that part of the Internet which contains web sites.
There are millions upon millions of web sites to view.
- Each web site is made up of one or more web pages.
- There are common elements to a web page that include,
Banner, Navigation, Content and Footers
- Templates can be used to hold common elements
- There are three main methods of Navigation. These are Hyperlinks, Menus
- A web site is 'hosted' on a web server. Each web site needs a domain name.
- http is the standard web protocol for web pages
- You need to plan a web site before building it
- There are a number of methods of creating web pages.
These include saving a document from Office as a web page. Writing it directly
in a text editor or using a Web Authoring package.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) allow a web page to be laid out nicely
- A responsive web design re-shapes the page depending on what is being used to view it.
- You can analyse any web page for effectiveness
if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't
already told you
Click on this link: World Wide Web