11. Benefits of normalisation
1. The database does not have redundant data, it is smaller in size so less money needs to be spent on storage
2. Because there is less data to search through, it is much faster to run a query on the data
3. Because there is no data duplication there is better data integrity and less risk of mistakes.
4. Because there is no data duplication there is less chance of storing two or more different copies of the data
5. Once change can be made which can instantly be cascaded across any related records.
Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: Benefits of Normalisation
Copyright © www.teach-ict.com