Most computers are fitted with a small internal speaker which can produce beeping sounds to alert you if you make an error.
Computers can also be fitted with a sound card (or chip) which will enable sound to be output through external speakers.
These usually produce a much higher quality sound than the internal speaker.
- Everyone in the room can hear the output from the computer.
- They can help create an atmosphere or ambience to accompany a presentation
- They help blind people to use the computer because text can be converted into sound
- The output from speakers can disturb others who are trying to work
- High quality external speakers can be expensive
challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: Speakers