7. Professional Codes of Conduct.
People join a relevant professional institution for a number of reasons such as
- To prove they are a competent professional with recognised qualifications
- To remain up to date within their field
So it is in the interests of both the institute itself and its members to have a code of conduct in order to support their reputation.
Here are some professional institutes that include a code of conduct
- IET - Institute of Engineering and Technology, used by electrical and electronic engineers as well as computer professionals
- IEEE - the american equivalent of the IET.
- BCS - British Computer Society. Used by computing professionals
- ACM - Association of Computing Machinery. Largest education and computing society in the world.
- The Bar Council for lawyers and solicitors
- British Medical Association
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
There are many others.
Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: UK professional institutes
Copyright © www.teach-ict.com