2. Cyber Security Threats
Before we discuss methods to improve security, we should highlight some of the common weaknesses.
- Weak and default password. To be effective, a password needs to be strong
- Unpatched software. Criminals can take advantage of exposed vulnerabilities in the code.
- Malware attacks. We have a section on this HERE
- Social engineering attacks. We have a section on this HERE
- Badly configured access rights. To gain maximum control, criminals try and gain 'administrator rights' on the network. Poor access configuration can make this easier.
- Removable media. An user may plug an USB memory stick into their computer. This may contain malware they did not know about. Many highly secure systems have the USB ports locked down or physically removed.
Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: Typical Cyber Security Threats