or try your own research terms here
Possible Interview Questions for ICT Teaching Jobs
A compilation of frequently asked questions useful for a teaching job. Whether you are a student teacher looking for a first appointment, or a teacher brushing up on interview technique, preparing answers to these questions will help you get that job.
- Why did you become a teacher?
- Can you tell me a little about yourself, your interests etc?
- What special qualities can you offer?
Questions about your classroom
- What do you think are the key things that make a good classroom teacher?
- What do you consider to be good classroom management skills?
- How do you organise your classroom?
- How would you organise/manage your class?
- What teaching methods do you use?
- Would you use group or class teaching?
- How do you view your role when children are working in groups?
- How do you plan for your teaching?
- Talk me through your ideal classroom
- Do you see whole class teaching in a chalk and talk format being a part of the school in the future?
- How would you feel about working in conjunction with a parallel class teacher?
- How do you assess if children are learning?
- How do you use curriculum based assessment to assist you in future planning?
- Tell me about your system of record keeping
- How do you feed back to children about their progress?
- How do you decide which children’s work to display?
- What would you do if you had a child who wasn’t motivated/interested in learning?
- How do you help children with special needs?
- Tell me about your experience and achievements of teaching pupils with special needs
- How would you help a child experiencing difficulty in reading?
- How would you implement an equal opportunities policy in your class?
- How do you integrate your class with the school as a whole?
- What are your feelings about sharing classes for specialist subjects – teaching your specialist subject to another class, whilst their teacher takes your class in one of your (perhaps) weaker subjects?
- How do you organise the school day?
- How would you feel about teaching to a rigid, structured timetable?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Tell me about your best lesson.
- Tell me about your worst lesson.
- How would you react if a senior member of staff queried or criticised some aspect of your teaching?
- How do you manage discipline in the classroom?
- How do you deal with disruptive behaviour?
- You’re setting up a reward system – how would you go about it?
- What do you think about homework?
- Have you a preference for upper or lower junior age range? Why?
- Could you see a problem with teaching a faith that was not your own?
- Will you take assemblies?
- How would you deal with more able students?
- How you do motivate children to achieve in your class?
- Give me an example of how you have used differentiation
- What would you say/do if a student came to you and said "can I tell you something in secret"
- How do you think that the five learning outcomes of Every Child Matters apply to ICT?
- What can you offer the school in terms of extra-curricular activities?
- Do you feel that extra-curricular activities are important? Why?
- In what ways can parents help schools?
- How do you feel about parent helpers in the classroom?
- How would you make use of a parent helper in your classroom?
- How would you react if you heard a rumour from the school gate, possibly generated by a parent helper, criticising your ability as a teacher, because, for example, only half the class were at the expected level in the reading scheme & several children were way behind?
- Do you think the role of the PTA is important?
- How important do you think school is in the community?
- What part do governors play?
- Do you think liaison with other schools is important?
- What importance do you place on ICT in the curriculum?
- As a subject coordinator, what would be your first plan of action upon starting work?
- What, do you feel, are the important skills an (ICT etc) coordinator should possess?
- How would you help other staff members to overcome their difficulties/reluctance using computers in the classroom?
- Do you see the teaching of ICT as a separate subject or can it be integrated?
- What are your curriculum interests?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of ICT in a integrated curriculum?
- Are you willing to take responsibility for areas that aren’t necessarily in your specialism?
- What makes a good Scheme of Work?
School linked questions
- What can you offer a good school?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of working in a school of this type?
- Why this job? / why this school?
- How long would you stay?
- What experience have you had as working as part of a team?
- What challenges would you expect to encounter entering a new school and the skills you have to help you do so?
- What personal qualities do you possess which are important to work as part of a team?
- What would you do if you disagreed with a departmental policy?
- Who do you regard as the school community?
- Have you anything else you would like to tell us?
- Is there anything you would like to ask us?
Copyright © www.teach-ict.com