Many thanks to Andrew Hardy for kindly contributing these superb resources
|Magic 8 ball student selector
The magic 8 ball app. chooses a student at random from a list of student names you type in.
You can also turn on weighting so that students who get a question wrong are more likely to get asked another question and conversely students who get questions right are less likely to be asked in future. You can set the weighting limits to whatever you like or simply turn weighting off.
- Download a copy of the spreadsheet (exe file)
- Save it to your area
- Open the file and select the ‘Vars tab’ (at the bottom)
- Enter your students names (with a weighting of 1 next to each name) in the shaded area
- Switch back to the ‘Magic 8 Ball’ tab
- Test it’s working by clicking the magic 8 ball and it should shake and select a student randomly
- If you are using weighting when you click the ‘Correct’ button the students weighting goes down, if you click the ‘Incorrect’ button the students weighting goes up
- Save the spreadsheet ready for use in the class
- You need to remember to save the spreadsheet each time you close it so that the weightings are updates
Copyright © www.teach-ict.com